If you used the Bradley Method or Husband-Coached Childbirth, please share your story.

I'm currently about half way through the book "Husband Coached Childbirth" with my husband. We are unable to take the classes as none are offered nearby and from my understanding it is a 12 week course and I'm due in 8 weeks. However, I LOVE what I'm reading so far and both the hubs and I are very excited for this birth (my first was a high stress, drug induced and filled labor and I really want the opposite this time).

Please share your Bradley birth experience.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 12:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I took the classes. We didnt have Lamaze in my area, well we did but classes were full & I would have had to drive far to get to them. My mil suggested these classes. It worked alright but Ill tell you the nurses really get on you to use Lamaze breathing. I only used it with my 1st baby but it gave me some good skills that carried over for the other births as well. The only problem I had with it was towards the end when the contractions were really bad it was hard to focus on my object & my breathing needed more help.

Answer by gemgem at 12:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I guess this is what we did. My husband and I took a class that went over different Labor & Delievery options. Our teacher believed that no one way was the right way.

I had a completely non-medicated birth and my husband was GREAT!! He really got me through it.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011