Find Another Nail Tech?

I moved to a small town... only 3 places to get nails done unless I travel 80 miles round trip to the next town.... so I settled for this one guy "Cam"..... his work is "Okay" only.....

He wants me to do "active length" - I want them just a little bit longer..... so he seems to intentionally leave them TOO long and complains when I show him where to cut them at. I ask for a design and he's messed it up (I mean ugly messed it up) all three times. I always have the same appointment --- every other Thursday at 9AM.... he's late.... takes almost 3 hours to do a soak off and reapply (and don't even think of having a pedi the same day... last time I did that I was in the shop for FOUR hours!... no kidding. (If I take a later appointment when I get there I find that he has given a walk-in my chair and I have had to wait up to an hour or longer to get in the chair.

This time I have to get both done tomorrow because we are leaving for vacation on Friday.... so I just text him to confirm my 9AM (I arrange all my appointments on the same day because I live 20 miles outside of town - very rural area) ..... So 9AM mani-pedi, lunch with husband at 1:30, dr. appointment at 2:45.... You get the drift... day is planned..... I set all other appointments to accommodate a freakin 4 hour set at the salon.

Cam just text me back he wants to change me to 10:30AM.... good thing I tried to confirm, huh? I think it's time to get a better, more professional nail tech. For what you have to pay for this service (plus tip) we're talking $120 for a pedi/mani... I think I should be able to expect that he honor my appointment, not be late, and not take up my whole day because he wants to do 'walk-in wax jobs' while he's also doing my nails.

I think I'm just done with him.
(this is the only time in my LIFE I've been able to afford to do this for myself... and he's just ruining it for me).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• wow, you are paying way too much to begin with!!! I get my nails done with acrylic every two weeks and pay 25, and 23 for pedi, I would find someone else quick!

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't go and get my nails done so I'm not sure how long it should take, but I do know that he is not being professional at all and I would find someone new. If you make an appointment he should honor it, he should know how to do his job and listen to the customer and he should not accept a job he can not handle (the design you requested). I would let him know I'm finding a new tech and to cancel the appointment before your vacation.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• OMG I asked him "My appointment was at 9... did something change?"..... he answered with "Or can you come at 8:30".... so I text him back.... "You gave my appointment away again.... didn't you?" .... he answered with "No, just want to work early tomorrow. It if not work for you then we stick at 9, Okay my dear?"

This guy is flip-flopping all over the place on me. WTF? He went from putting me off for and hour and a half to asking me to come in half hour early......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Well, I'm okay with the cost because I do solar instead of acrylic and insist on soak off instead of 'rip off' like some of them do... so I do take more time to get done..... but the whole "Sorry, can I do it at 10:30" just ran all over me. I'm a good customer, never demanding, tip well -- and even pay for 1/2 service if *I* have to reschedule on him (and give him a reason why I'm rescheduling.... but even then I volunteer to wait up to a week if I have to as a courtesy to him - and always give him a courtesy call 24 in advance so he can refill my spot --- PLUS my pedicure never lasts for more than 10 days and usually my feet are prickly on the bottom that night after he does them (catching on my sheets and blankets)..... yeah.... y'all are right.... I'm cancelling and finding another tech.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Definitely find another, I did nails and feet for twenty years and my ladies were my life, loved everyone of them and they knew it, he is just obviously there for your money, and the have it my way is Burger King not nails.......you pay for it you should be able to have anything you want and be 100% satisfied when you walk out. Why does he make an appointment if HE is not keeping it? Most definitely go somewhere else you deserve it!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have solar also and to have them soaked off new set and Pedi is 73.00 so yes you are over paying for what? Not the service, when you find the one that treats you how you should be treated you will understand, I wish you luck ....go to the salon and watch how they treat their customers
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Also one more thing if he wanted to work early tomorrow why did he move you back an hour and a half???? he is lying..........
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LMFAO NOW he's rolling up and trying to kiss my ass! Offering me breakfast! I just called the other two places -they don't have anything available tomorrow - ain't that the way it always is..... 3 places to go, all booked up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Go elsewhere. That is VERY poor customer service.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Definately, go somewhere else. How about later today?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011