Question for moms that co-sleep...

My 19 month old has been in my bed since he was 6 months old. I never meant for him to wind up sleeping with me (he was in a crib in my room) but he got RSV and an ear infection when he was 6 months old, and was very very sick. I let him sleep with me for 2 1/2 weeks until he was better, and well, here we are 13 months later. Haha he never wanted to go back. It hasn't really bothered me until now.
Lately he's been RIDICULOUS. He crawls all over me, has to be touching me at all times by either laying on me, holding my hand, or squishing me all the way to the edge of the bed. He turns sideways and lays horizontally leaving no room for either of us. Its turned my nights into sleepless ones for the most part.
Is this a sign he wants his own space? Should I start trying to put him into a crib or turn his crib into a toddler bed? What did you do? I'm trying to make this process as painless as possible for him since it was my fault we found ourselves in this situation anyways. Help!

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could try putting either a crib or a toddler bed next to your side of the bed....He is def ready for his own space, but may not be willing to give you your space right away-lol. Be patient, it will happen before you know it, enjoy the little things.

Good luck
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd try to put him in his own crib but still in your room.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011