Is your child spoiled?

I told my husband yesterday that I thought every kid should be spoiled and he said I was crazy. Maybe my definition of spoiled isn't the common one and I'm not talking about giving a kid everything they want, loading them with expensive items, or giving into their every demand and I don't think parents need to be rich or even well off to "spoil" their kids. I guess maybe I mean spoiling them with love, and letting your child know that you truly love them unconditionally and no matter what they do you will be there for them and that they mean the world to you. I think every kid should be spoiled with love. Anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, I agree with the idea that every child should be spoiled with love. It's just that most people do take the word spoiled to mean buying them everything and taking them wherever they want to go, etc like you said.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i totally agree, 100%. my kids are spoiled in that way. all 3 of them =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• you rockThat's the best kind of spoiling you can do!

SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, my child is spoiled with love & affection. I know, I'm such a horrible mother.....*sarcasm*
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Then YES.. my son will ALWAYS be spoiled..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's not spoiling them. That's called loving them. I do the same thing. I'm constantly telling my son how much I love him and how much he means to us. I agree 100%.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• es my son is very spoiled with love from everyone in my family not just me......
    mommymtz

Answer by mommymtz at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011