Could YOU convict this Dad if he follows through on his threat?

Father of murdered son tells radio station: If his killer gets parole, I’ll kill him.

We are a Nation of laws and that should be respected. But could YOU convict this Dad if he follows through on his threat? Did you read what this monster did to his son?

Hot Air
hotair.com

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 12:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I could not sit on that jury. I could not find that dad guilty.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would really like to say no. However, when you start making exceptions just because someone is a monster, then you run into issues. If I would be on the jury I would have to convict because it is the law. Nevertheless, I would ask for the lightest sentence possible.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't have to read what happened to his son. If someone killed my child I would feel the same way and no I could not convict him.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes I could. He knows all about murder and the laws of murder because he has sat through a trial and lost his son. I am someone who respects the law even if it means having to convict someone like this. In fact I think a jury could easily do it. It is not if someone deserves to be murdered, murder is against the law. Plain and simple. Once we start allowing vigilante justice where does it end?

Answer by gemgem at 12:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Doubt it. Especially being a mother and trying to put myself in his shoes. If he did do it, I'd like to see him with maybe a couple years probation and that's it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Murder is murder. Doesn't matter if I sympathize with him. I avoid jury duty at all costs because I can't emotionally deal with that stuff. I know someone that went to prison for 10 years because he killed the guy that brutally raped his 14yo sister. He knew what he was doing was wrong when he did it (beat the guy to death) and knew he would go to prison when he did it. He got voluntary manslaughter.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no, i'd do the same thing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd have a hell of a time voting to convict him if I was on that jury.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Me personally? No, I couldn't.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• omg that darling little boy. so cute, blond, teeny.... reminds me of my own 6y/o son. I could NOT convict the daddy. Ever. However not too brilliant talking his mouth off on the radio..........
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011