If you had the option to be a SAHM, would you take it?

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 12:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am a SHAM and it has it's benefits, I get to be home with my babies, plus I don't have to worry about having a boss above me telling me what to do and setting my schedule. But at the same time a SHAM doesn't get a day off. I work from when they wake up till I put them to sleep, Then I finish my daily chores. I also don't get the adult interaction I used to lol. For me being a SHAM works, but it's not perfect all the time it has it's ups and downs. My kids are 4,2,2 months and they are at home all the time with me. The 4 year old will start school this august. So Between dealing with the kids and my house work and errands, grocery shopping etc. There is not alot of time to find time for me and my hubby or even just me. But I make It a MUST, even if its a movie on the couch snuggled up. It is important to allow your self that time alone to unwind and get ready for the next day. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 1:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• nope. I enjoy my job. I like the satisfaction of having a job outside of the home. I LOVE my job and the satisfaction it brings me to do a good job. Would I cut my hours back? SURE! I would LOVE to cut my hours back to 2 days a week but I would never want less than that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am a sahm and did take it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I did, almost 5 years ago
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yup! I have been a SAHM for 3 years and it is WONDERFUL! I am a potter by profession, luckily I can do that at home when my husband is home to stay with the kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• nope
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am so I would have to say yes.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was never career minded so yes. I don't mind that I need to work part-time, but I'd love to stay home.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't know. Maybe a few days a week. I love my job, and think I'd go crazy at home all day. But it would be nice to spend more time with my son.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what you we're called to do, stay home with the kids or work. I am a stay at home mom, it is a good experience for the reasons being( you get to raise your kids the way you want and instill all the values you want instead of someone else instilling theirs into your children, you never miss a moment of their sweet faces( and they do grow up fast) your their for them and what kids need is TIME. Of course there are times you go stir crazy, i just have a sitter every friday night to kinda reboat me, lol, but i wouldn't have it any other way
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 1:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011