Uterine Fibroid during Pregnancy

If you have a uterine fibroid during pregnancy and it causes spotting - is that something that could injure the baby? Would you consider that an emergency?

My ultrasound picked up a uterine fibroid on Monday (I am 6 weeks today) and the doctor is having me come in on Monday.

I started spotting again, which is a symptom of the fibroid apparently. I am wondering if I should press for an earlier appointment - her colleague is available tomorrow, but said that it was no big deal to wait until Monday.

What would you do?

angelmommy11

Asked by angelmommy11 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I experienced that issue with 2 pregnancies. I bled heavily after birth, but it did not significantly effect my pregnancy. I would assume that it would depend greatly on the location of the fibroid.

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh, and relax. It's not an emergency in most cases
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011