Waterproof hair?

i posted about this months ago, just seeing if i can get more responses today.

my 13 month old dd's hair is challenging to get wet in the bath tub. she has very little hair but it takes several dumps of the shampoo cup to get it wet. the other day, i poured it over her head, and the water formed a "visor" over her forehead as it dripped off.. her face didn't even get wet! i have two older daughters and their hair isn't like this so i'm not sure if this is an indication of something, like dry hair, or coarse hair? DH has coarse hair so it's a possibility. just wondering how common this is, and if it gets easier to wet their hair when they actually grow some hair?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my toddlers hair does the same exact thing.so i am bumping for anwers
    Gods_Girl1979

Answer by Gods_Girl1979 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would say that she may have course hair. I did hair for a long time and noticed that course hair can be a pain in the butt to get wet. You will find out when it get a little longer. Are you using just a shampoo or a shampoo plus conditioner? It could help. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• just J&J's shampoo, she is practically bald! so thats why i only use shampoo for now. i guess it couldn't hurt to put a dab of conditioner in her hair though =)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011