What's the cheapest breast milk storage bags and how much are they and how much do you get in one box?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think I used the Medela ziploc type ones, they were really good, and guess what you can wash and reuse (though it probably says not to.) I also loved those little similac bottles you get in the hospital for b/f moms, they were really good for breast milk and they actually threaded onto my Medela pump!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I always used lansinoh. they are made from virgin plastic, and I never had one split. About $5.00 I think for 25 bags.....sometimes you can catch 50 for that price
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• all my friends and i used plain old zip lock baggies.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I use Lansinoh. It costs about $6 for 25 bags. I get mine through a milk bank that I used to donate to, for free. That has been helpful. I was spending about $12 a week on milk bags and did that for about 5 months!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I used that Target brand and Igot like 50 or 100 in a box...can't remember the price...maybe $6 or so...they worked fine.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I agree with ColeenF30. The Lanisoh bags are the best. They are really easy to use and they transfer to the bag type bottles better.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i have a box of lansinoh storage bags i could send you for free if you'd be comfortable accepting them. my sister in law gave them to me but i've never used them.
    you can message me if you'd like. :)

now with my daughter i did pump a bit and i used avent's plastic storage containers. you can't freeze them but you can store them in the fridge, they are like little tupperware containers and are reusable.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i use lansinoh and love them
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Gerber makes a bag too that can be used as liners for the playtex bottles.

Medella makes those little 2oz bottles for breastmilk storage (like hosp formula bottles)

Advent via cups can be used in the freezer
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2008