My four year old is playing and said."yeah I don't have a dad, he died when I was a kid then I just grew up"...

Ha ha ha! Dad is in the kitchen making lunch. He had two lego men and was making up a conversation between them. The next think he said was, "Man that is a bummer!".

Kids are funny. Have your kids ever surprised you with what they said when pretend playing?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes! My son plays with the little plastic army men all the time and he makes up different scenarios, a lot are about death. I told my husband that we have a very morbid child.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• All the time. My grandson has lots of fun stories involving cops, crooks and himself as the hero. Some times he running from the cops lol.
    My 6 yr old dd on the other hand is much more factual in her stories. She will take her dolls and pretend they are doing the same sports she is, right down to "Dont forget to curl your hair otherwise the judges will take points off the whole squad!".

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• all the time its super cute their imaginations
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My 3 year old does that... I love watching him play and make his toys talk to each other. I can't remember anything specific that he's said... but it's always really weird and completely random. I love that he's got such a good imagination.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's hilarious. My 4yo plays with her Barbies and they always have these elaborate, complicated relationships (parents, siblings, boyfriends, etc). Problem is they have like 2 boy Barbies so boyfriends are my son's wrestler toys which are half the size of the Barbies. It's hilarious to listen to.
    The other day she switched clothes between her boy and girl doll. Troy (from High School Musical) was wearing a polka dot dress and Barbie was wearing a camo jumpsuit (which had originally belonged to a GI Joe doll someone gave my son and he broke it's head off). She thought this cross dressing was hilarious. Kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would love to tell you what my son dreams about. I can't because, according to him, he dreams in black & white and cursive. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My son, 3, has the cutest conversations with his toys! At the moment he has a lot of "friends" dangling from "cliffs" saying "give me your hand, I've got you" lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my son does the same thing he will be in his room playing with his toys and I'll hear a conversation going on but know he is the only one in there and sometimes have to go and check and here he is one toy in one hand and another in the other hand and he is making it look as if they are talking to each other

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011