Would you feel weird???

So I cleaned out the shed and set the trash in the front for garbage pick up. Someone came by and took it. I really could care less that it's gone. Some of the bags had dog poop in them. LOL, It's just creepy thinking people are scouting out neighborhoods.

Iluvmy5

Asked by Iluvmy5 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• hopefully you didn't have any important info in there
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've done that before...

Right before college, my ex bf and i would scope out the high end neighborhoods on the night before trash night & we found some of the BEST stuff! Furniture, nice plates, art, lamps....We actually found a painting that in the trash & he kept it. He emailed me last year & told me it was appraised at $15,000.00!!!! I so wish i walked out of that relationship with that painting WE BOTH found....lol. Someone's trash just might be someone else's treasure.

Anyhow yeah...the night before trash day in the fancy neighborhoods is a great place to find neat things.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We put some stuff out for safenest it included a microwave and people came and took it before they could get to our house lol.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• bags of garbage yes I think it's weird & I would be creeped out by it, especially because there could be personal info in there. However, I have scouted trash & gotten cool stuff before, like toys, books etc.
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 1:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If it was bags of garbage, I would find that weird. I would worry about identity theft if there was anything in there that had your personal information on there. However, trash in general, one person's trash is another person's treasure!

I know once a year my city has a "large item" free pick up, so people get rid of things like couches, beds, tables, etc. It also happens in early august, so you see college kids in quantity driving around the neighborhoods! Haha! I know my brothers outfitted almost their entire first apartment with stuff they got that day or stuff they could bum from family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When I lived in an apartment I had a neighbor who would literally go through OUR garbage everytime I took some out.  It totally creeped me out.  I always destroy everything important but come on, that's going a bit far.  I angrily confronted her about it and found out that she didn't have any food.  GREAT.  I felt REAL good about myself after that.  I pulled some moolah together and called the local churches and shelters and got her some food.  A closed mouth doesn't get fed.  I put toys and clothes and household stuff outside by the curb in case someone else wants it.  So true, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Bags of trash is weird to me, but picking up discarded furniture (wooden, never padded for me) is not so strange.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• One mans junk is another mans treasure...even dog poop I guess lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2011