No movement at 21 weeks?

What's the latest you've felt movement? I have felt her kick but it's not regular, should it be by now? 21w 4d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my oldest i did not feel her until 25 weeks then I felt her everyday for the rest of my pregnancy, With this one i have felt her since 14 weeks and started feeling her regularly around 23 weeks.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I think you shouldn't worry! If you felt the baby before he or she is probably sleeping alot. Some babies are not as active as others. If you still feel concern, call your OB. I think your fine though.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Do you know where your placenta is located? Many times you will feel less movement if it is on the front wall.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• most doctors dont even recommend doing fetal movement counts until 28 wks, bc every mommy and uterus is different. Some feel the baby as early as 15-17 wks, and others not until 26. If you get close to 26-28 wks and still not feeling steady movements, then you should bring it up to your doc. Also, if you have an anterior placenta (if the placenta is located on the belly-side rather than the backside) it may take longer to feel any definite movements at all. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm not sure where my placenta is but I haev felt her before... it's just not regular and it's been very little lately. Everything looked good at the u/s though
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My placenta is on the front of my belly, and I didn't feel any obvious fetal movement until about 29 weeks.
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 8:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My placenta was in front too and I would only feel movement occasionally. My sister was measuring me and could see my stomach bouncing from all the kicking and I didn't feel any of it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008