Does anyone think that u shouldn't drink coffee during pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you shouldn't drink a lot. moderation is fine. as long as you drink a full glass of water with it, that goes for pregnant or non pregnant people
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• studies have shown that 150mg of caffeine per day is safe for healthy pregnant women.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• There's general agreement that pregnant women and those trying to conceive should avoid consuming large quantities of caffeine. But after decades of controversy and conflicting evidence, there's still no real consensus on how much caffeine is safe during pregnancy.

The March of Dimes advises women to limit their caffeine intake to less than 200 mg per day (that's about one 12-ounce cup of coffee). This recommendation was prompted by the results of a study published in the March 2008 issue of the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology that showed that moms-to-be who consumed 200 mg or more of caffeine a day had double the risk of miscarriage compared with those who had no caffeine.

Of course if you decide to cut out caffeine your doctor or midwife wont argue with you. lol

Good luck! AND CONGRATS!
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Moderation is key. Just dont overdue it and you and baby should be fine.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Caffeine in moderation is okay, as with anything. I wouldn't go more than a cup a day, for anything caffinated.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have just been told by my doctor that excessive amounts can increase the risk of miscarriage and that if a woman continues to drink a lot of caffeine throughout pregnancy, the baby could be born with withdrawl symptoms.

I am an EXCESSIVE caffeine drinker, but I try to not have any at all during my first trimester (which damn near KILLS me, btw), and then a cup or two of coffee a day for the rest.

I do agree that zero is probably the best amount for a baby, but most think it is perfectly safe to have a limited amount, and I guess they're saying a little caffeine is good for you now too! So who knows!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i can't live without it i get really bad headaches....my parents use to put it in my bottle when i was little and its been a everday thing....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I dont drink it ever, so no prob...lol but my doc said 1-2 sodas a day to help with caffeine headaches was fine! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Coffee isn't good for those who aren't pregnant as well as those who are.. But i think in moderation it's fine.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I stopped drinking coffee when I was pregnant.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011