3 day potty method question

My son is 27 months old and has been showing all the signs that he's ready to potty train. We even bought him a couple videos and books that he's been watching/reading for the past couple of months with us. I found the 3 day method online and read up on it. Today's the first day of no diapers besides when he's sleeping. I've noticed a problem though! He'll start to pee on the carpet, I'll tell him calmly, "No, you need to go in the potty" as I take him into the bathroom where his potty is. He stops going as soon as I pick him up and won't start again on the potty. I think he gets shy about it. He knows if he does go in the potty even a little bit that he'll get a sticker on this pirate hat we have up in there, so I think it's frustrating him that he hasn't gotten one yet. Plus it seems like he's holding it a lot because he doesn't want to go on the carpet and the potty seems to new. He usually has his dirty diaper by now too. I've tried to make it as positive as possible and it seemed like he was excited. Every time I go to the bathroom we both say "yay" and clap so he knows it's a GOOD thing. Any suggestions?

ours

Asked by ours at 1:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my now 3 year old son was showing interest in the potty at 14months, i chose not to start it cuz i thought he was to young, so when he turned 2 i thought ok it will be easier now, i was wrong, he didn't want anything to do with it,then his baby brother was born i was desperate to get him out of diapers before he was born but i gave up figuring he would resort back to baby hood. When his brother was 3 weeks old my now 3 year old said no diapers mommy, me want pull ups. He was 2 and half, it only took 5 days to get him in underwear. He is now three and goes by himself if easy clothes to pull down and up, and if wearing jeans he will ask me to help him.
    But he will do it when he wants, just give it time. Stickers, rewards, a piggy bank worked for me every time he went pee he got a nickle and put it in the bank, then if poop he wold get a dime. at the end of the week i counted up his money, took it to the bank got cash
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011