Gang rape of 11 year old girl? Her fault because she went with one of them?

This is the most recent article. Other articles have said she dressed like a 21 year old woman and she was very flirty and she got in the car with one of the guys.

Some people on here have said they wouldn't have sympathy for a woman who puts herself in danger by wearing slinky clothes or going with a man and not using sense.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/09/18-arrested-sexual-assaults-11-year-old-texas-girl/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Why are the girls always to blame? I don't get it. It's like we are responsible for men's sexual arousal but why can't they just know in their brain that it's wrong?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• how can an 11 year old even have common sense?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That is HORRIFIC!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ever watch "Very Young Girls"? It's about girls as young as ten years old being pimped out as prostitutes and THEY are the ones being charged with a crime, even though I think they're too young to even know what they go themself into. The grown men should be put in jail for the rest of their life.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• she's ELEVEN, by far not a WOMAN. Where were her parents/guardians would be my question.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• why didn't her parents know where their child was?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I want to know where the parents were too. I was at home playing in the dirt in my back yard at that age.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• So an 11 year old is not to blame but a woman in her 20's would be to blame for being assaulted if she made a bad choice? It seems like a child would have less sense and it is up to the parent to teach them better BUT if the parent does not do that then that 11 year old girl grows up and becomes the same 2o something year old who other have said don't deserve sympathy. I don't agree with any of that. Wrong is wrong even if poor judgement is used. It is awful that young girls that are prostituted are charges too. Things really really need to change. i have one daughter and one on the way and i hate hearing this mess or stories or sex trafficking.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I almost threw up when I heard this yesterday in the news, beyond disgusting! Numerous men raped her, I think it was like 18 or so.....

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Rape is rape and no woman is ever to blame for being raped, even if they dress like a ho, actually even if they are a paid whore, its still against the law. I am sure the men in this case will be charged & convicted of the crime. I would also however like to see a cps investigation into her home life. She really should never have been out and about at just 11 yrs old like this and in a situation where this could even happen. I would understand if it was a babysitter or next door neighbor because we cannot control things like that, but to my knowledge (and correct me if I am wrong) this was not the case.

Answer by gemgem at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011