How did you decide on how many children you wanted

I always wanted a boy and a girl and God blessed me with both
. But I don't know if it is hormones or what but there has been a lot times recently that I have been thinking about adding to are family.

Blessingsof2

Asked by Blessingsof2 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• We know we don't want DD to be an only child, so we want at least 2. But we both come from families of three, so we decided to wait and see how we do after the second one.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When I was younger I REALLY wanted to have four kids - three girls and a then boy - because that's what my mom has, and that's what my grandma had. Figured it'd be really cool if I could too.
    I had a boy when I was 19, so I wasn't off to a good start, considering I wanted to start with girls... silly me!
    Now I don't really know what I want. I know I want at least two kids, but I'm not going to set out my life. My son is 3, I'm 22, and I've got lots of time to have more kids.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I always wanted 5 kids. Ever since I could remember (even as a kid) I told people I was going to have 5 kids, and I did. I got my tubes tied after 5.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• we always wanted one of each.....and we had a girl and a boy if ds would've been a girl we'd probally try one more tim efor a boy but 3 would be the limit
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When it was just my older son, at times I would feel like I wanted another baby, other times I thought I was done having kids. I always went back and forth on wanting a 2nd child or not. We tried on and off for 2 years to pregnant with #2. It finally happened. I had some complications. I ended up having another premature baby. So I didn't want to go through that for a 3rd time so we decided to not have anymore kids. Also I don't think I could handle more than 2. Sometimes I don't think I can handle more than 1. lol
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• all i'm going to say is god is in control of how many kids i have conserding the fact i have had a miscarriage and when all comes down to it gods in control......
    mommymtz

Answer by mommymtz at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I always wanted a big family but our budget doesn't allow for that so we have one and one on the way. I think we're done after this one.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 1:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've always wanted at least 2, maybe 3. But I think I might be done at 1. He'll be 5 in April and I'm 34 and single. Oh well, right? I have one healthy child, I'm lucky =)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have 3, 2 girls and 1 boy. My tubes are not tied but we are doing everything in our power to protect ourselves I have the IUD. SO I would say As of today and in the near future 3 is our limit. But everyone knows how those baby blues kick in that's what got me the last time lol. But WE like having 3 it works good for us,

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 1:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• we felt that 2 was good for us & that's what we have..2 dd's
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011