Question for people that work at or run a daycare..

I'm 23 and have one 7 month old. I think I would be nervous opening my own daycare b/c I don't know if I know the right way to do things ect..if they got sick or something..i don't have the experience say with a 2 year old..what do you think? Do you think I would be ok, or try to get a partner or something??

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I used to work in one and i am sort of running one now in my home. If they get sick i always call mom or dad, but before i do i check temps first, then call mom and dad and say (billy) is not feeling very good, i checked his temp and it is 99.8 degrees, would u like me to give him tyelnol and call u back in an hr and see what we should do if nothing works for him. ALso u have to force urself to clean up puke, and other kid poop diapers and sanaize toys every chance u get like nap time, and after they leave at least like every friday.
    It's not that hard, and if u love working with kids i say go for it. But first try babysitting a 2 or 3 kids in the neighborhood and see where that goes to get an idea on how it works.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't start out as a "daycare" so to speak. I would start out as a sitter and see how that goes. Just like a trial run maybe a few days a week. And maybe that can help you get a better idea on how you want to start out and what direction to take.

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was a sitter for 5 years. I watched the kids from 6 weeks till school age. Any questions u can message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Remember u need a permit to run a business out of your house. Plus if u r not zoned for it,u can't do it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011