For single women who have never been married......

Do you give your married friends advice on their marriage? Unsolicted(sp?) advice. Have you ever told a woman they need to divorce their husband instead of trying to work it out? Do you still feel the same way about any advice you may have given?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• No 'cause I don't know what it's like to be married. Usually I'm just a shoulder to cry on. I listen but since I've never been married I don't offer much advice. In one situation one friend was being abused. I did give her advice on that one!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Well, just because somebody hasn't been married, doesn't mean they haven't been in a long term relationship... Which to me is exactly the same as a marriage, minus the piece of paper. I'm married now, but honestly, it was more for him than for me. I'm perfectly capable of being in a committed relationship without making it "official". So yeah, when my friends asked, I'd give them my opinion. Not unsolicited, though... And yes, I HAVE told women to get out of a marriage instead of staying.... when I felt the situation justified it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have never been married, but I have been with LP for 13 years. I will give SOLICITED relationship advice, but it is rarely that they need to leave. However, I cannot STAND that everyone in my family has been married and divorced multiple times and will dole out unsolicited relationship advice. My grandmother, who is on her 4th marriage, will aggressively push us to get married because "living this way is immoral", and it seems so hypocritical to me! We aren't religious, and she is, but I'm pretty sure god's plan for the "perfect family" wasn't "get it right on your 4th try and then tell others what they're doing wrong!" LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I figure if I haven't been able to make a relationship work for the long run, it's not my place to give relationship advice. I'll gladly tell a friend what I think if they ask me, but I'm not about to give my opinion if it's not asked for.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i do not give advice to married or unmarried people. Unless it involves abuse or someone being harmed.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• im single but i dont have many friends who are married yet. my group is just starting to settle down. i dont think i would advise a friend to divorce. working it out is always an option first.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I give advice about their marriage would i say leave know because if she has doughts go back you could lose a freindship all you can do is support your friend abd be their when they need you.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 5:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011