Losing weight instead of ganing?!

I went to the doctors office on friday last week and weighed 127 which meant I gained 10lbs in 3 months of my pregnancy. Got on the scale today and weighed 120. How is this happening? I have been eating, baby is growing, and I haven't been overly nauseous. Should I be concerned?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No youre fine. One of my friends actually lost 30 lbs when she got pregnant. She was quite happy actually she was 30 lbs over weight.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 10 lbs in the first 3 months is too much. Maybe you are just losing the extra weight you had gained. I know my body weight can fluctuate 2-3 lbs just depending on what time of day I weigh myself. I wouldn't worry as long as you are eating good. I usually weigh 120 lbs and I only gained 12 lbs with my last one, she's perfectly healthy.

Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My niece lost 20 lbs too. You are in that miniority of pregnant women that loses weight. Please do not worry. Her first baby was 5 pounds and her second was 8 pounds.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oops I noticed my typo. I meant gaining. Ok, I am glad to hear that it is not unusual, but it makes me nervous because the doc wants me to gain 35 lbs this pregnancy because I am so small. I know there is still a while to go, but the only time I lost weight in a pregnancy was with my 2nd baby. I was so sick with her and lost 8 lbs in the beginning. I was bigger before getting pregnant with her because I hadn't lost all my baby weight from my first so it didn't worry me as much.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Could you have been constipated? I know in the beginning of my pregnancies, I get really constipated, gain some weight, and when I finally get "regular" again, my weight drops off a bit.

Don't worry about the scale nearly as much as you worry about getting enough good foods to eat. You'll be fine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't worry.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011