Onion breath

Does anything actually get RID of onion breath? There's nothing worse than wanting to eat something with onions but you can't because you're going to breathe onion breath on everyone after lunch. =) lol

Asked by RentaMom at 1:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Chew on some mint leaves, that always works for me. It also helps get rid of anything stuck on your teeth that might smell too.

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I forgot to add....I brush and floss my teeth after lunch when I am working.

Comment by RentaMom (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• uuuh....who does that

Answer by smiley745 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• OMG, I hate this, too. I actually like raw onion on things, but don't eat it anymore cuz ya just can't get rid of the onion taste and breath, even after you brush and floss. Ugh!!

Answer by natersmom76 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• This is going to sound corny as can be... but I know it removes the smell of onions and garlic off your hands when you run a piece of stainless under coldwater as you rinse your hands off ... take a sip of really cold water into your mouth Run a stainless steel teaspoon all around inside your mouth, touching all the skin surfaces, including the entire tongue and the sides! or swish water around whatever is easier to do.. do this a few times... some how the stainless takes the smell away... I dont like onions but have been told it works

Answer by TraceyLu at 9:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Awesome idea on the stainless steel thing...I do that when I cook with onions. I just soap them up, run them all around the center divider of my sink and wah lah!

As for the "Who Does That?" --- I've worked in dentistry the better part of my working's habit.

Comment by RentaMom (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Cinnamon works cinnamon chewing gum

Answer by toybar02 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011