Confused?!?! :(

So my daughter's uncle was in a really bad wreck yesterday! The sent him to Morgantown which they either send trauma to their or Pittsburgh, those are the biggest hospitals in our area...Well anything I sent my daughter's father a text asking "How is your brother"...and I've been talking to him on and off all day, just letting him know that I am here if he needs anything...granted I was with him for 3 years so they are like my family...We get along for the most part but just as any ex couple we have our ups and downs, like I don't get to see my daughter as often as I should and what not, but his brother is laying in the hospital with a broken vertebrae(s), and a cardiac contusion, so i've looked past all of the bad and put it aside for moral support!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• Family is family. If you share a child, then you share your lives, like it or not. It's good that you are involved enough to offer your support in any way that might be needed. We are all human and human nature is to want to help. This may also pave the way for a better "relationship" between the two of you in the future, which is very good for your daughter. Best Wishes.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 1:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• (CONT)........ I even said "I am here for you if you need anything, anything at all no matter the time"...Everyone has said I am wrong for being there because of things done in the past...DH is the only one that hasn't said anything..Whatcha think?!?!
    Anonymous

• I believe for the fact that his brother is in the hospital it is not a bad thing to offer your support. He may need someone to talk to and it helps to know someone is there. If it cause problems for you and your DH. Then you need to talk to your DH about it. He comes first. But for now just hope for the best and see where it goes. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with it. It's nice to have someone there for you especially if it is someone who knows you and has a past with you. My grandparents have been divorced for over 30 years and when my grandmother's mom died my grandfather came to the funeral, sat next to her and held her hand throough the entire thing. They don't talk and couldn't get along but I thought it was nice that he did that. And she seemed very happy to have him there.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 7:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would acknowledge my concerns but wouldn't go beyond that. What could you offer them anyway? I'd leave it alone. If I were hubby I'd be quiet too and wonder why you are going so overboard. Your x has family to support him. Showing you care is nice but other than that I think you are showing you care far more than necessary. 3 yrs in a marriage really isn't that long of a time.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was never married to him and my dh hasn't said anything meaning, he told me it was fine that i showed my support, and as much as he doesn't like him he has shown support himself.. it's not like i am saying come to my house and i will fuck you to make you feel better...NO not at all..and yes he does have a family to support him but he is sitting at home with my daughter...and while everyone else is away...so i feel that i have a right to show my concern!! :)
    Anonymous

• I agree because I think it sets a good example for your daughter, that even with things being what they are between you and her father, you're still able to be a friend and show that you care. JMO

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• the past is the past and for the best interest of the child involved it should be kept in the past and your child needs to see even if you arent together anymore you both and care about her enough to work together even more so at a time like this
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I think it's great for your daughter to show her that there are definately times you can and should set aside your differences.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008