Questions for all SAHMs!!!!

How many kids do you have?
Do you enjoy being a SAHM?
What made you become a SAHM?
What time do you usually wake up?
Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children?
Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work?
What other dreams/goals would you like to accomplish besides being a SAHM?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• How many kids do you have?
    5
    Do you enjoy being a SAHM?
    yes - very much!
    What made you become a SAHM?
    It's what I always wanted to do
    What time do you usually wake up?
    7 AM
    Older 3 are in school, I have a 2 yo and an 8 month old at home - we go to the playground, run errands, play outside, go to the mall, etc
    continue as a SAHM - my 13 yo has special needs and likely will always live at home
    This is my ultimate goal in life. I have 2 college degrees (History w/teaching cert. and Biopharmaceutical Technology), I'd like to go back for my masters at some point.

Answer by missanc at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 1 child who is grown and no longer lives at home

Yes I enjoy it. Both now and when my son was growing up.

I didn't become a SAHM until my son was 10. I got tired/burnt out from my career as a Social Worker/Case Manager and decided to start staying home.

Anywhere from 9-11am

None/ I do no daily activities with my child. When he was home, he was in school during the day .

I will continue to stay at home. I have no interest/desire or need to return to work.

At 48 years old, I've already accomplished the majority of my dreams/goals that I had for the first half lifetime. I'm starting a new list though, for this last half my this lifetime. I hope I'm just as successful in accomplishing those endeavors as I was in accomplishing my list from the first half of my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How many kids do you have: I have 3 kids a 4 yead old a 2 year old and a 2 month old
    Do you enjoy being a SAHM: I love it but it does have it's ups and downs
    What made you become a SAHM: Well after my first it was hard to go back to work, and were were stable enough to do so then boom here comes number to same with 3. I feel like I have been pregnant for years.
    What time do you usually wake up: I get up at 5 to do my shower, have some coffee and start a load of laundry and work on breakfast.
    Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children: I get online print outs and color sheets that we work on, we also go to the park, zoo, walks, etc
    Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work? As for now I am a SHAM all the way but only time can tell what I will do when they all get into school.
    What other dreams/goals would you like to accomplish besides being a SAHM: Medical field work :)
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 1
    yes
    because i could & i wanted to take advantage of that
    5:30 am
    she is at school, after school we do homework & she helps me with dinner. She has swimming on Sat.
    continue right now, thinking of getting a part time job though to keep me more busy.
    i would like to travel more
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have 3 children.
    I have been a SAHM for 13 years, there are times I thoroughly enjoy myself. Some times I'd like to run away.
    DH and I decided that I would stay at home as long as I wanted to and/or could. So far, so good.
    I get up at 6 am.
    My kids are all in school now. I am a fiber artist, so I work on my projects/ideas. I also volunteer in DS2's grade (kinder.) I also have a part time job. In the summer we take road trips, hike, work our garden.
    I do hope to travel more. I also hope to take my art to the next level and get into some galleries.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How many kids do you have? 2

Do you enjoy being a SAHM? yes

What made you become a SAHM? didn't want to send my kids to daycare

What time do you usually wake up? 6am

Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children? arts and crafts, reading, watching movies, playing outside

Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work? back to work when my ds starts school

What other dreams/goals would you like to accomplish besides being a SAHM.: get back to work as a medical assistant and eventually get my rn
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How many kids do you have? I have 2 girls and pregnant with my 3rd and probably last

Do you enjoy being a SAHM? I enjoy every minute of being a sahm even though they annoy me at times lol.

What made you become a SAHM? Honestly....because I was let go of my job at 7 months with my 1st and I didn't want them in daycare and I have noone else that can watch the kids why I work

What time do you usually wake up? I have a kindergardener so about 7 weekends anywhere from 730 and 9 depends on when I get woke up lol

Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children? it is diffrent everyday I only have a 3 year old at home with me all day m-f

Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work? continue for as long as I can and at least until they are in school

What other dreams/goals would you like to accomplish besides being a SAHM? going to school online

continue
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• figure if can go back to school online while my kids are all home then by the time I ever decide to go back to work I would have something to do in the near future. I figure it would give me something to do during the day, but also accomplish while I am a sahm mom
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How many kids do you have? We have 3boys that are all 4!

Do you enjoy being a SAHM? 99% of the time!

What made you become a SAHM? Well, having triplets is the main reason! Also if I want to work I would be working for free! Day care would take all the money!!! and my s/o works 50 hrs a week!

What time do you usually wake up? we get up at 6am they go done for a nap (quiet time) around 130pm till 3pm! Then down to bed at 9pm!
    Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children? My one son that is a little behind goes to preschool in the mornings, then we have play time lunch, nap, snack, play time, dinner, bath ,snack, Bed time!

Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work? More then likely go back to work when they hit full time school!

I have a lot here are a few:
    Write a book!
    open a business!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How many kids do you have? 5

Do you enjoy being a SAHM? sometimes...sometimes it gets overwhelming and I want to run away

What made you become a SAHM? it's what I wanted to do with my life

What time do you usually wake up? usually around 8am, on the weekends I hand the baby over to the older kids and sleep in

Whats your daily activities do you do with your child/children? I don't entertain my kids so they do their thing and I do mine

Will you continue to be a SAHM mom or go back to work? I don't plan to go back to work. my youngest will be in school in 5 years, by then it will have been 15 years since I worked

What other dreams/goals would you like to accomplish besides being a SAHM? I don't really have any. my goal is to just survive life, lol. So, I guess just to enjoy the rest of my time before I die is my goal. Ok, and maybe write a novel.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011