help with hypoallergenic formula

my 5 month old is on nutramigen and before some of you judge my he is addopted so breast feeding is out of the question he however can not tollerat any thig elese I have found does any one have any suggestions on when I can switch or even switch to what since wallmart does not have a hypoallergenic brand it is very expensive about 100 dollars a week just in formula i appreciate your input and your time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• To H*LL with anyone that would judge you. I breasted my twins for 8 weeks and then had to switch to Nutramigen. I know how expensive it is. The #1 thing to do is : Do you qualify for WIC. If you do, your Dr can fill out a paper and WIC will approve it. #2. Have your Pediatricians office call Ross Labratories, they are the makers of Nutramigen You can get the number off the WEB, they will send you a case of concentrate for free. Good Luck. My cafemom ID is halfcrazymama. Let me know If I can be of any more assistance. Also, sign up for Enfamil new beginnings. They will send you coupons. Also, watch ebay. Sometimes Nutramigen goes for real cheap.
    halfcrazymama

Answer by halfcrazymama at 7:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My son was on nutramigen. When we were ready to ween him off and see if he could tolerate anything else this is how we went about it.....after about 6 weeks of being on nutramigen from 4 weeks to 10 weeks. I mix my formula in 4 cup batches. So the first day I put 1 scoop soy in and 15 scoops nutramigen. And day by day I slowly changed the ratio to eventually being completely on soy. I was grateful that my baby was able to tolerate soy after his system developed. We are now transitioning the milk based formula in and he seems to be doing okay. What I learned was abruptly switching formula and not mixing it is havock on their sensitive system. I did the same things as the girl above listed, but we weren't eligable for WIC. More questions, feel free to msg me
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008