Are there any real teen moms on here?

Do you think the show teen mom portrays life as it is or was when you were a teen mom?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 1:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• i was a teen mom, 30 now.....lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't at all. I think they pick the most immature pregnant teens out there when making this show. I was nothing like those girls....i was very responsible...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

Answer by samurai_chica

I think you're right. And, I think they're probably surprised when one turns out to be very responsible. Like Macy from season 1, and Leah (?) from this season
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yes i was a single teen mom at the age of 15 i got pregnant at the age of 14.... i don't like that show because it makes everyone think that all teen moms have the resourses that they have parents and babys dads cuz none of them r married.... i just dont agree with the show.........
    mommymtz

Answer by mommymtz at 2:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My son was born 8 days after my sixteenth birthday in 1977. The show is a familar portraial of being a teen mom. It is scarey, hard, impossible and permanent. Teen moms is a show but a wonderful show. Hopefully causing awareness that teen pregnancy is 100% preventable.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That show has begun to annoy me. They are young and are going to make mistakes but wow. There are only a few moms on there that care for the kids and it's so frustrating for me to see. I am not a teen mom but my sister is. She got pregnant at 16 and she is a great mom. Better than we all thought. She sent a tape in for the show but didn't get it probably because they could see she had a head on her shoulders. :)
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 4:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Was a teen mom.
    From what I've seen/heard the show makes it seem so easy and cool. It really doesn't teach anything.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011