Placenta Previa?! Anyone had or have it? I have some questions

i had bleeding for the past 3days slowed to spotting. i went to the doctor and he said i have placenta previa. im about 9weeks. ive miscarriaged b4. for you did it go away? did your placenta abrupt? when did u find out you had it? how did you deal with it? did you have a healthy pregnancy? and personally is there a chance i could lose the baby? its partially covering my cervix, im in school so i do a lot of walking and i work, which i stand a lot. basically my every day schedule involves me to walk and stand a lot. my doctor did tell me no sex or heavy lifting just take it easy. im just really scared im gonna lose this baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This question gets asked about every month to 6 weeks. You can search this section for lots of answers rather than waiting.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had it with my 3rd. My midwife said (and other resources concur) that in about 75% of pregnancies with a previa, it resolves itself as the placenta is pulled upwards as the uterus grows and expands. Which is what happened with my pregnancy, the placenta had moved up away from the cervix by 30 weeks when we had a follow-up ultrasound. Just follow doctors orders and take it easy as much as you can.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Never had it myself, but both a friend and a family member did. But thoses were both discovered much later and both babies were fine. Good luck. I hope your search turns up plenty of reassuring information.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• In most cases it corrects itself as teh uterus expands.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have a friend (on here, actually), who is 32 weeks pregnant, and she had partial placenta previa. She actually just had another sonogram Monday, and it has moved! Everything is fine! It's early enough that the chances of it moving are good, take the breaks you can at work and definitely adhere to the pelvic rest. Sadly; there isn't much more you can do but wait and see. Hopefully, your placenta will get the message and move!! Good luck, and congratulations on the pregnancy!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011