Is 3 years old to young for preschool?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No! I know that it is hard to let your baby go to school but it is the best thing I believe!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No. It's good to get a jump start on their education and socialization.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No, that is the average age a child enters preschool of some form
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No, not usually. You have to decide for your own child. Usually a three year old could go for 2 or three days a week. It is usually only three hours a day. So the time at preschool is very short, but so very valuable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am starting my child this august She is 4 and will be five in October. WE kept having trouble because she was born after the cut off date. But she isn't the least bit behind. We do school work every day. And my other daughter will be 3 this July. I am hoping to get them both into school.

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No, but it is too much (in my opinion) for full day 5 days a week preschool. We had a few parents who pushed for this when I taught and it was so hard on those 3 year olds, they just weren't ready for that long of a day.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• not at all DD was 3 when she started preschool
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Definately not!! My kids were in day care at 6 months. They were both diagnosed with problems, my daughter was speech delayed due to large addenoids blocking he eustacian tube and effecting her hearing and my son is ADHD. When each kid turned 3 they entered the school districts special ed. pre-k program. It worked wonders. Even though they were in daycare and doing similar stuff the pre-k worked on their weaknesses. My daughter got speech therapy and my son got speech and some behavior modification therapy.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• depends on the child but no 3 isn't too young in most cases

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2011