I'm 5'5" and 218 pounds.

I am trying like mad to lose at least 30 pounds but the weight seems to love me. Would you consider me to be grosslyhuge? I'm not miserable but I'm not happy with my body either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. All that matters is what you think. If you are ready for a change then make that change. Dont let anyone else determine your life for you. You have to live your life the way you want to.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I made big changes and went from 306 pounds to where I am now. But I'm stuck! And frustrated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• there is no such thing as grossly huge. so what, you have some extra weight. it happens. as long as you still love yourself you are on the right track. switching up your diet and routine is hard, but totally worth it if you are working on your personal body image. i think setting a healthy weight goal is good, but dont fret it if it takes time. the raw food diet really helps because the food is high in energy and nutrients, you can exercise more often and feel good after. smoothies are great for a healthy fill up. you can do it!!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Try something new. Switch it up a bit. Your body can become routine to what your used to. Challenge IT. And congratulations on what you have done so far.

piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You should try Slim in 6 by Beachbody. Its a great program and really does work. They will even give you a diet plan to follow. You don't have to follow their diet plan though. If you cut out junk and eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies you will lose weight just fine.

I was so happy with BeachBody products, I became a Coach. Please feel free to visit my website, www.beachbodycoach.com/kristyblack and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 2:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• For example if you have just been doing cardio mix in some strenght training it's important to challange your body to get results but you can do this
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thank you piorkowski. I'll try that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Go ahead and add me if ya want I am also on a weight loss mission. We could be our own little support team.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• when I started my weight loss I weighed 215 and I was 5'5. I'm now 150. I thought the weight loved me too, but I truly started eating smaller healthier portions and really started moving more (not just 3 days @ 30 min - more like 5 days ranging from 30-60 min) and built up from there. Strength training is extremely important as increased muscle mass leads to faster metabolism, but cardio is really really important.
    What made the change for me is I got honest with myself on what I was putting into my mouth and how much. I have a little more weight to lose, but I'm happier now than I ever have been. I am fit and healthy and feel great. You can do it too.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm about the same size so no I don't think it's grossly huge. I'd love to lose some but like you, my fat loves me!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011