How are you suppose to feel about someone after 15 yrs together 8 yrs married???

desires0123

Asked by desires0123 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• comfortable?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• In love
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• comfortable. just think, you know each other so well. your fav hobbies, food, activities, farts. lol this is when you get hobbies outside of the relationship. by now you should know how you look through the other persons eyes and therefore can step away without fear of ruining or hurting your relationship. of course i would keep those hobbies you do share, but remember to take that time for yourselves. it really helps
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I love him but sometimes the mundane things in our day to day life bore me. I don't doubt it is like thhat for him either, since we are human. I won't leave him though. I can not and will not imagine life without him. That is not positive thinking I guess if I did that.. lol good going on 15 years. I am 10 years in.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It depends. Has it been 15/8 years of happiness and bliss interrupted briefly my minor disagreements. OR 15/8 of disagreeing over major and mnor issues interrupted by brief moments of happiness and bliss? 15/8 of growing together in love and respect or 15/8 of fighting and abuse?
    Are you happy? Do you see yourself spending the rest of your life with this person? Or miserable dreading even coming home?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• depends on the relationship and what you've been through - we are 14 years together married 8 and I am MORE in love with him than I ever thought possible - we have had many patches of ups and downs and finally right where we need and want to be
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't think that anyone can tell you "how you are suppose to feel", only you know how you do feel. I would say after 15 years together things have changed somewhat and probably for the better they should have changed as life should probably be more settled and more stable and more comfortable and you should rely on that person and vice versa and love that person even though it may have evolved from the initial spark that started those feelings. But if it feels like things are not where you think they should be at this point in your lives together you need to assess why and either work on it or decide what is next.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 3:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Different people have different reactions and it depends on the situation. I would hope however you'd feel loved and safe, comfortable and still passionate about your life together. I've only been married for four, but I've known him for 15 years and I feel very happy still and I know to myself he was the right choice for me.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I can't tell you or anyone else how they should feel. I can only share how I feel in my marriage.

I've been married to my husband for nearly 26 years..

I feel: madly, wildly passionately in love..

I also feel: comfortable, safe, content, happy, loved, respected, appreciated, admired, adored, wanted, desired, and thankful for having my husband as my partner in life (through good, bad, and horrific times together) all these years. I also look forward to the years yet to come.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Pixie trix took the words right out of my mouth. The only difference is I've been married 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011