Do you and your SO ever get into arguements about who is in charge of the fianances?

ShellyRo

Asked by ShellyRo at 2:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• umm never, we would be in allot of trouble if he was left in charg lol. The other day I was wondering why our bank account was short over $400 and he forgot to give me a reciepts for his new tires he had just got on his truck so that is exactly why im in charge of the money.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Not at all. I deal with all the financing. He's horrible at handling money, and he knows it. So it's never been in question.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nope. I tell him what to pay and he pays it. We're both in control I suppose.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Never, I handle all finances. We sometimes disagree about what he spends money on but we just say our piece and move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We do sometimes disagree. When he worked many, many hours I handled he finances, no question. When he lost his job he wanted to take over, and I was a little hesitant to just give up my role, but I let it go. And now after getting some notices, I'm thinking I need to take it back over.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• NO I learned that lesson from a failed marriage. I had the talk very early in this relationship about how I feel finances should be managed and what my values are about it
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Look up "Dave Ramsey" on line and find out when he's on the radio in your area. Finances should be a dual responsibility!
    heat631

Answer by heat631 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• He handles it and he can have that responsibility, I don't much care for it. I do know how much we have and what goes to what, but as far as paying bills and what's due when, that's all on him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No, we do it together.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No. My husband and I do not fight over finances. We sat down together many years ago, and made mutually pleasing/livable agreements in regards to our finances and how they are handled.

Coming up with a financial plan, and mutually agreeing on it is the best bet for curing fighting over money in a relationship. Working together not against one another is always in the best interest of any couple.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011