is how i am feeling normal? any suggestions?

i am 22 weeks pregnant and feel like the world is falling apart around me. i am sad, tired, and my body aches all the time. i sometimes regret getting pregnant and one of my biggest fears is that i wont be a good enough mom. I really need advice and if someone can shed some light on my situatuion it would be greatly appreciated!

smashley1025

Asked by smashley1025 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When it comes to wondering if you will be a good mom I am sure you will. The love you will have for your baby will come naturally. Being a first time mom it is trial and error. Some people it comes naturally and others it comes but it might take time and if it does it don't make you a bad mom. I have 5 kids and with each baby I learned something. I know I had my ups and downs during pregnancy. The baby does add extra stress to your body. I have a bad back and being pregnant made it a lot worse. Sorry if I didn't help
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I felt the same way at one point during my pregnancy. There is no telling how we are going to be when it comes to parenting. If we know without a doubt we are doing our best and using any resources we can, then we are great parents. As for the body aches, I found that long bathes helped me a lot. Just remember that you have a whole community of grandmas, moms, and moms to be right here for support.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 7:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I know how you feel. I got that feeling around the same time. You are smack in the middle of your pregnancy and you feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Take some much-needed time for yourself (ie quiet time to read, relax, meditate) at least once a day. I found that yoga and other prenatal classes to meet other moms was really helpful. Don't be too concerned about your parenting abilties..if you're NOT worried- something's wrong! Good luck and be positive!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i was terrified at that point. By eating well and not doing anything risky you are already a good mom! you are taking care of that little peanut in there! Try to relax, get or give yourself a manicure and pedicure. Give yourself a facial, read, do a word search or puzzle. Watch a chick flick and relax. The parenting skills come as time comes. When you first hold that baby it will all click and you will all of a sudden know how to be a mom. good luck sweetie! PM me if you feel you need to talk or anything, i felt the same way you do but once i saw my baby i knew how to be a mom and so will you
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was a nervous ball of energy when I was pregnant and thought oh god I cant do this what was I thinking>>>but now pregnant with #3 I have to say it really does come natural but you wont feel that way until that bundle of love is in your arms and then boom it hits you out of nowhere. Just relax and do things that make you happy.
    nikki10301

Answer by nikki10301 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008