I just gave my dog a bath a week ago she stinks already?

Can I bath her again?

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pets

• I would.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have heard of dry baths. Put baking soda in the dog (or cat) coat. Use a brush out the soda. the baking soda absorbs smell. good luck! :) I haven't tried it yet.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• * use a brush to brush out.. :) i mean..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Bathing too often can cause dry skin. What kind of smell is it? If it is a yeasty smell, it could be her skin or ears (infection). If it is a fishy smell, it could be her anal glands (impacted or infected) or her breath (dirty teeth, rotten teeth, something stuck between the teeth) or vaginal/urinary infection. I would take her to the vet first to rule out any of those things, then I would switch to a high quality diet if you aren't already feeding one. Diet/nutrition plays a huge part in health. www.dogfoodadvisor.com
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes you can.

Answer by louise2 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Vets will tell you to bathe once a months, but I do it like every 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much they stink!

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Listen to CollinBayleemom. I use to work at a grooming salon everything she said is right on the nose.
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 3:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You could wipe your dog down with a wet washcloth. That has been wet with vinegarwater. It will kill the stink, but won't smell like vinegar.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011