Christian Homeschooling Moms...

I am going to be officially homeschooling in the fall. My ds will be starting kindergarten. I was just wondering what curriculum do you use for Bible, Science and Social Studies?

JamieLK

Asked by JamieLK at 3:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• Abeka is good. Personally, we don't use a specific curriculum, but I have know several moms who used Abeka and loved it and we have used a few of thier books.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I know all the private schools use Abeka. I think it is the best.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• how about not forcing religion on your child and letting him decide when he's old enough to form his ow opinions
    Anonymous

• Hey, anon? How about you raise your children the way you want, as anyone else? I mean really, aren't you doing the same thing right now? Trying to push a belief on what someone should do? Go stuff it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• BTW, my sons right now are in private school, and they don't use A Beka. They use simple solutions, and other mixed textbooks. I will use A Beka in the fall, but I did not order the bible kit.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• This is my third year homeschooling. The first 2 years I was eccelectic and used bits and pieces from many sources. This was my first year using a prepacked curriculum, however, and I really enjoy not having to create the lesson plans anymore. I can add to the plans if I'd like, or exclude things if I like and supplement with something I think is more suitable. I've already ordered next year's books for my kids. I use My Father's World ( www.mfwbooks.com ). It's cheaper than most other Christian based packaged curriculum I've found and works nicely.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We've homeschooled for 11 years and have used Abeka for the past 6 years, including my DD's kindergarten year. Their Bible program can be just as expensive as the rest of the curriculum combined if you buy all the Life-Pacs. If you can find a children's devotional/bible story book appropriate for his age group, it would be very similar to Abeka's Bible curriculum.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011