If your indergardener misses school do they get makeup homework?

My daughter will be 6 next month and in kindergarden I so did not know they give makeup work. Now my daughter gets homework once a week. Well she missed school on Thursday and Friday last week and missed school Monday and Tuesday this week went back today she came home from school with 16 pages of makeup work.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. My dd had the flu and missed 2 full weeks (3 of them because the school didnt let her back even though she was fever free). We are still catching up! We probably got around 10 pages per day.

Answer by gemgem at 3:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, kindergarten is not easy breezy like it used to be and their are daily grades that have to go in.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sometimes, but his teacher never really checks it. I don't think it really is that big of a deal in kinder. But I could be wrong. DS does do his make up work, and he takes it to school, but it never gets taken out of his folder or graded.
    jaysmommy04

Answer by jaysmommy04 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yup. I mean I let the teacher know its not going to be done all in one day but that we will turn it in as soon as possible. Its good b/c it lets you know what they missed and gives you the opp. to make sure they catch up etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I work in Kindergarten and we do send home make up work if kids are out. There are some things we have them do in class when they have time because it's something we want to stay in school or it's a project that takes more than one day to complete. withy the other work sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't. (one girl was out for 1 1/2 weeks for a trip. The work was send home and we got it all back the next day. That was not expected , we knew she would bring it back, just not that quick) they students alos have homework Mon-Thurs and on the weekends they have a song and poetry folder they bring home to read. (very really they'll have a paper)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• NO.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Nope. That totally depends on the school.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011