I won't do it... would you? (LANGUAGE) (long, but Springer worthy, I promise) adult content

Well speak of the damn devil!..... I answered a question about "persona" this morning - and used a very accurate description of one of my sisters.

I don't have a relationship with her - at all. Having her in your life is like bringing a hornets nest into the car with you and driving down the bumpiest road you can find; you know what's gonna happen and you just hope you survive.

My LAST straw with her was this;

History.... I had a stroke and brain surgery 12 years ago. I recovered nicely over time. When I remarried I invited her to my wedding - she AND her falling-out-of-my-dress-boobs came. (Yes, she flashed the entire guest list more than once). And actually barged in and interrupted my groom and HIS GRANDMOTHER while they were having their 'moment' together (Maamaw was giving him, and putting on him, the cuff links that his papaw had wore at his own wedding 70 years earlier) - she actually walked in without knocking and waived off HIS GRANDMOTHER and said "that can wait, he needs to meet me" .... My husband's grandmother still tears up if she talks about it. And DH can't talk about it without getting red in the face. That was truly a fucked up thing to do to someone's grandmother.

A year later I was near her town when I got an urgent call and found out my dad was being rushed into quadrupole bypass surgery 8 hours away - so I called her and drove an extra 2 hours to go to her house where we would wait for news of our dad together. While there, she told my husband (RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME) that when I was sick that she came to my house (6 hours away) every two weeks to wash my "dainties" because I didn't want my then-husband to see them (I had been married to the man for 15 years at that point - yeah right,I didn't want him seeing my panties and bras - whatever!)... anyhow, it was a bold-face lie! And no sooner did she say it then she pointed at me and said "You don't remember that" .... I was FURIOUS!

(Apparently she thought that because my surgery COULD have caused me to lose my memory - then I DID lose it... but reality is I did not lose my memory AT ALL ) So she was OPENLY trying to take advantage of my 'memory loss' and freaking telling my new husband lies right in front of me! -- I called her on it right then - she got mad.

Weeks later, she called me and during our phone conversation called my wedding a 'cluster-fuck', said I was rude at my reception because I didn't take her around and introduce her to all of my new husband's family, told me that MY wedding cost HER over $2000 dollars, tried to convince me that *I* had put her in charge of making sure the rest of the family came to the wedding (another lie - I wouldn't put this girl in charge of throwing out my junk mail, let alone being responsible for seeing to it that my other sisters came to the wedding.... she's on the outs with everyone all the time - not me) - she kept insisting that my wedding cost her so much money she couldn't afford - when I told her "FINE - we'll send you the freaking money if that will shut you up!" she got mad and started crying saying that she just wanted to be there for me - blah blah blah

That was 2 years ago -- I did not take another phone call from her - and I won't. I've talked to my entire family about this and they ALL agree that I should have the right to quit this relationship because this crap has been going on with her since I was a kid. As a matter of fact there are 7 kids in our family....... 6 won't have anything to do with her.

I'll be a son-of-a-bitch if my phone didn't ring about an hour ago and IT WAS HER! Said she got my number from our other sister.

I told her that she should throw the number away and not call it again - and if she does I'll have it changed , and if she gets it again, I'll have it changed again. And I told her that I was about to call the sister who gave her my number and chew her ass out (and she knows I will) - suddenly her story changed... then she said that she got it from her son who got it out of my nephews phone for her.... uh huh .... already an underhanded lie!

Then she starts crying asking me to give her another chance, saying that *I* am the ONE sister that she wants to have a relationship with and how sorry she is ..... (and this is about the 5,683, 487th time in my adult life that I've heard this line of shit). She told me that our last conversation was "the alcohol talking".... uh huh... or maybe just your narcissistic, habitual-lying mouth?

I interrupted her and told her that hell would be empty and cold before she was getting to be a part of my life again. And hung up the phone.
(and y'all this is LITERALLY JUST ONE example of the stuff we've endured from her -- I could tell you stories that would straighten your short and curlies including her trying to seduce my ex husband IN FRONT of our sons who were 4 & 6 at the time)

I just WILL NOT have this poisonous venom spewing person in my life, would you?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yikes. Holy toxic sister. I would keep her out of my life. Life is hard enough, who needs the hassle.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I dont have any real brothers or sisters so in some ways even with the drama I am jealous lol. I do know though my mom is one of 4 kids and theres always one in the bunch I guess. My aunt who is now in her 60s has always been the same way basically as the sister youre referring to. My mom and her cant talk without fighting, and I am talking about the smallest stuff lol. I told my mom boy then dont talk to her! So thats the same advice Ill give you.

Answer by gemgem at 3:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think we may have the same sister. She really does sounds a lot like my sister, and she's isn't in my life any more. I don't blame you for not wanting to be around her.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow I dont blame you. Stand your ground
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 3:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• STAND YOUR GROUND!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't have sisters and after reading your post I FEEL SO LUCKY THANKS!
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• dammmn she sounds like a nut 1 stay away!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• you did the right thing
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Like you said it will be a cold day in Hell before I'd believe anything she says, or welcome her into my life.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I understand my Aunt is like that with my mother and her other sister and finally showed out at a reunion two yrs ago. Wish I could give you advice I just know my aunt drives us all nuts sometimes. My mom has little to do with her.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011