11 yr old girl birthday present ideas

My stepdaughters birthday is next weekend she will be 11 whats a good gift? Shes asked for a cell phone but is not responible at all and is not doing good in school and never leaves the house except to go to her moms. Shes asked for a DS but same about the cell phone not responisble plus we dont have the money to buy one. But anyone have any ideas? Shes a girly girl.

tomsjennabean

Asked by tomsjennabean at 3:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• LOL I was gonna suggest the DSi. Thats what we got my son he is turning 11 this month & my cousins dd who is 8. Since you nixed that I would say some clothes or a gift card to her favorite place to buy clothes. Throw in a small handbag, some lip gloss, and some things for her hair.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• a gift card for a favorite place to get clothes, a bath set, a new purse or wallet, gift cards for places like mcdonalds, a summer pj set, a new book if she reads, a movie, a movie pass,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My DD wanted an iPod. She also loves books and art supplies.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When my daughter was 11, she really enjoyed doing crafts. At Michael's (a craft store, it's also online) there are kits for making your own lip gloss, friendship bracelets, candles, jewelry, etc. If your stepdaughter doesn't go out of the house much, these kind of gifts might be a good way to keep her occupied. And Michael's has a 40% off coupon that comes with the paper every Sunday if there's a store in your area.
    cege

Answer by cege at 4:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Take a girly girl out of a girls day out mani-pedi lunch and buy a new outfit
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011