I have a blank wall in my living room with a mirror that's about a foot long by a foot wide...and so bare...how to decorate for cheap???

Nikki_008

Asked by Nikki_008 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• might get some wall candle holders and put candles in them. photos of family, fake flowers or ivy and wrap across the top of the mirrow for some color. MIght try like lowes or a micheals for ideas as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We like wall decals at our house! :) fun and easy!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Homegoods- TJ Maxx- or Marshalls
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Photographs that you take yourself. Black and white or sepia toned, you can print them out, or have them done at an office supply store. Architectural elements of interesting buildings in your town, trees (place the camera directly on the trunk pointed at the sky), etc. Frame them to match the mirror in color and go from there.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Have you seen those vinyl letters and sayings? I put them above my mirror...It looks really good.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• interesting question and for a cheap price, if you paint or stencil with wax based art paints it is nice using just circles, and shapes, so if your theme is rectangle , like the coffee table is longer, than accent the walls with stenciled images of square and rectangular shapes, do some bold, and shade others, sort of a collage or you could do a border on one wall at a chair rail height dulling it over in spots to catch a random / & abstract art look ! (( , or gold leaf over some bold--and muted sponged on shaped circles or squares. ))

Buy an interesting light fixture, put a spot light in a corner with a bendable stand or hand a light that is bendable, in different areas or in a bunch in just one area.

If you like colors and punch it up with fabrics , PILLOWS ARE perfect, use some metalics,(golds, bronzes, rusts,).... some dark blacks ...corduroy fabrics, and if you like the shabby sheik look do mixed floral pillows .
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• To get a tutorial on these borders just go to youtube---- look up"" David Bromstadt and even Martha Stewart """is clever on a cheap level.

Other good tutorials are on HGTV on youtube, if you can just have paint, some art brushes, and some sewing with the fabrics, pillows can change a room totally. .
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would use inexpensive trim boards to make a frame for it that you attach to the wall. In my decor I would paint it black and then surrond it with our family snapshots in sepia tones with black frames.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011