Getting Vaxed

my DS just got his two month vaccines. unfortunately i was not given the choice to get him vaxed, since i am on food stamps. if it were up to me, i wouldnt have. he was fussy all day yesterday (i was able to calm him inbetween bouts, he ate well, but didnt make a lot of BM) and he ran a lil fever last night and this morning (not too high, they said if it was 105 to call the doc. it was 102, then i gave him tylenol and he is fine) he did miss his morning and early afternoon nap, so i bet that didnt help.
what are your takes on vaxes??

Arretsmomma5

Asked by Arretsmomma5 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• No matter the state, you can get an exception. There is no such thing as requiring vaccinations to go to school, do school activities, or to get government help. No matter what state you live in, you can get a religious exception. It is your right as a parent to be able to refuse vaccines and no one can force that on you. They can LIE to you and they can SCARE you.. but they can not FORCE you as long as you are an informed advocate for your child.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 4:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I personally dont vaccinate. You dont have to vaccinate if you get government help. Its not a requirement.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 3:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i have decided that the benefits outweigh the risks, so we follow the CDC guidelines as far as shots. the only one we don't do is the flu shot. all 3 of my girls are updated on their vaxes. i think this is a personal decision, and each family should do whats right for them and their children.

is it a foodstamp requirement to have your child vaxed?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My son is up to date on ALL of his vaccinations. I, like gemgem, don't want my child getting sick from something that can be prevented. I don't understand why, because you are on FS, you have to have your child vaccinated. I've never heard of such a thing. Someone is lying to you. But, vaccinations CAN and DO save children's lives.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am all for them because I dont want my kids to get sick from something that can be prevented. I also enjoy my children playing sports and doing after school activities and without them they cant play

I agree
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Are you saying that since you are on food stamps, it is required as a stipulation of continuing with that help that you have to have your child vaccinated???
    Anonymous

• I chose to vaccinate. I would have done so on a delayed schedule if I had been more informed but for my family, I feel they are a necessary preventive. I do not feel my sons Autism was caused by vaccines.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• the only one we don't do is the flu shot

How do you get out of that? Where i live its mandatory or they can not go to school.~~ Thanks!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ask to spread them out and see what they say
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Its CA law is why

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/CaliforniaImmunizationSchoolLaw.aspx
    Anonymous