My 14 month old hasn't eaten anything all day.

Yes, she has been sick with a cough and runny nose. I have tried and tried again to get her to eat, offering her all sorts of different foods from eggs, to yogurt, to plain chicken broth, and even a cookie and she refuses it all. She has been drinking okay and I have been giving her PediaSure since 10 this morning. Is this just related to her cold or should I be worried? The on call pediatrician is not calling me back, should I go ahead and bring her to the ER?

MiMiKKrY

Asked by MiMiKKrY at 7:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's the only day she hasn't eaten and you know she isn't feeling well then I'd not worry about it to much. A lot of us don't eat when we don't feel good. Most doctors are more concerned about fluid intake over the amount of food they have eaten. If it persists for a few days I'd take your baby in just in case.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Your good. Keep the fluids going. Keep an eye on her is she fevers. It is that time of year now for all those colds. she could also be teething. But push the fluids. Mostly water and even pedialyte.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• as long as she is gettin fluids for right now she doesnt feel well and when i am sick i know the last thing i want is food keep the fluids in her and try again tomorrow maybe try to give her some ice cream or a popcycle
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• maybe she is teething accompanied with flu, and sometimes the thraot soars so she find it painful to swallow hard food, give he rsoap (chicken soap) does wonders. put some boiled carrot, strawberry, cucumber in a dish infront of her on the table, she will eat once she feels she has the choice to eat or nt :)
    pinkduck

Answer by pinkduck at 8:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2008