Omg. advice please. It stormed earlier today

and my kids kept begging to go outside and i kept telling them no. When I thought it was dry enough to let the go outside I let them go. They threw their football over the fince so I went on the other side to get the ball for them. When i came back in the fince i see my 1y/o laynig on the ground drinkings water that formed into a puddle on the ground. What do i do. he ok but do i need to bring him to the hospital or call his ped or something. I brushed his teeth really good. But could he get soars or should he be ok.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL he should be alright unless you put something on the lawn like chemicals recently? Sorry dont mean to laugh but this sounds like something my boys would have done. Keep an eye on him and idk maybe make him drink alot? That way anything he did drink he can pee out quickly. If he starts acting sick or anything then call the doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I expect he will be fine. As long as there was no animal waste in the puddle he was drinking from, I wouldn't think anymore about it.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Girls, kids will be kids. If that's the worst he ever drinks, you'll be lucky! As a kid, my ex ate a raw crawfish out of the pond! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ugh! I think he'll be fine. But I know how you feel, my little guy ate dirt a couple of times and I freaked out.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LMAO! That sounds like something my DD would do. I would just wait and see. If you notice anything like vomiting or diarrhea int he next few days then I would take him in to the ped. There is nothing they can do at this point and more than likely he will be just fine. My DD has done worse... like eat puppy poo.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• He should be ok! A little dirt shouldn't hurt! I would only become concerned if he became sick or developed any strange symptoms or had a fever or began vomiting.
    Pilot_Wife

Answer by Pilot_Wife at 3:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LOL wow.... sounds just like a doll baby..... (sorry its not funny, I know but it sure is cute ) He really should be ok. if you notice any type of sickness though take him to the dr. hope there were no cats or dogs parading through the yard....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree with pp above- if that's the worst thing your kid ingests, then you are lucky! lol I would just watch- my sis got ghiardia once from drinking stream water, but it's not likely for someone to get it from a rain puddle.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• wow. *giardia, sorry. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd get him some fresh water and wash it down but it may have bacteria in it. I'd call the doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011