Are there any registered nurses on here?

While pregnant can u take albuterol suspension rather than an inhaler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Health

• you should consult your doctor/ob before taking any advice from this site. As a CMA, the best advice I can give you is it's safer to take the albuterol to help with breathing, than to not take it and have the fetus suffer from shortage of oxygen.
    Anonymous

• I am not a nurse but the pharmacy should be able to answer that for you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Call your OB and ask. I am a RN but would not answer such a question from someone I do not have a professional relationship with and NOT knowing your medical history. The liability can be huge. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• Well, my ob's office is closed and I didn't realize that the pharmacy closed early so I wasn't able to get my inhaler. My daughter has liquid albuterol suspension. I just want to know if there is a difference between the inhaler and the suspension. I have had athsma since I was 19 I am now 24. I have no other medical issue. I am pregnant. I will call a pharmacy and hope they will answer. Everyone around my area doesn't want to answer my question. That's why I asked on here. Sorry to respond this way. I just don't feel good and just want to know if I can take it. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Call your local ER and see if they offer the dial a nurse program. Maybe you can get answers that way.
    Anonymous