Friend/family input

My friend asked me about the baby names we came up with and then was giving suggestions on what we should do such as spelling. I was irritated by that because I think she should just be quiet. :) She is the type of person who whenever it comes up will be overly obnoxious if she gave an idea. I just told her thanks but we like what we have. What do you think?

jdzamko

Asked by jdzamko at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You handled it as well as possible.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• you handled it well and dont let anyone tell you what to name your baby or how to spell..its ur baby your decision ... i wouldnt worry about it
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Well, first, I'm the kind of person who when someone tells me what they are going to name their kid, I ask how they spell it. Then if I know a different way, I offer it up. I try not to sound like I'm telling them what to do, just offering them a different way of spelling they might not have thought of. Although normally I don't do that.

When I was PG with my son, the only people who knew what his name was going to be was me and his daddy. We didn't tell ANYBODY until after he was born. Saves on advice.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would ignore her and from now on when she does that and not talk to her about things that she might be obnoxious about. Maybe she doesn't realize she is being obnoxious lol Sounds like you handled it well though. I can understand because my MIL is the same way but I ignore her and do what I want anyways
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• "thank you for your advice, I will consider it" then let what she's saying go in one ear and out the other. I think you did fine with her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You were very mature about it. I agree, it is your child. Dont worry about other peoples opinions, unless you want them.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• An example of her personality "You shouldn't spell it that way it's so boring."
    jdzamko

Comment by jdzamko (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's super annoying. lol. I'd ignore her.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011