Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Advice/attorney/custody/parental alienation

Ex has disconnected phone. no contact w/kids in 3wks 3 days. He is in contempt so my attorney said last week to his attorney. STILL HEARD NOTHING. I have no clue how my children are 4/6. bad brk up he took them and moved! Been fighting from a different state for 8 mos. * I know I need a new attorney*

Also can I get my files from them w/o being caught up on the bill that keeps rising for them doing NOTHING.????


Answer Question

Asked by kkbird at 3:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

Level 17 (3,887 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Why is he in contempt of court, do you have a child custody order with him?

    Answer by Candi1024 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • no order has been set yet. The judge told him he couldn't keep the children isolated from their mother. He wants 900 in CS, me to provide medical, and co pays, ( keep in mind that he has moved us to a state where we know no one, wrecked my car, his truck, now driing his sisters car, always out partying w/fm co-workers, coming home late, or not till the next day on Fridays and when I told him I wanted to moveback home tired of being stuck in the house for 16 mos of no friends/family while he's out doing his thing he makes arrangements to take the kids from me and move even closer to his sister ( who covered for him many nights but could never get him to the phone when I called)

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • Umm, call the cops and tell them he has kidnapped your children.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • If there is no custodial agreement, then he can legally take the children where ever he chooses. Sounds like you need to get a court date ASAP, and get some type of custody agreement. It isn't kidnapping if they are your own children.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • You have the right to your files no matter WHAT you owe. Get them and fire you lawyer ASAP. I'm soooo sorry you are dealing with that!

    Answer by Pilot_Wife at 4:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • Thanks ladies. The judge thought it best that he take the children till I get stable..... job, place to live (since I refused to be with him) and or married. Although my intentions were to move back home w/my parents( where we are from). She said that I have had the luxury of being a SAHM for too long!!!! 16mos.

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • It's not that your attorney isn't doing anything. It sounds like there is a lot going on and the attorney hasn't gotten all the info to be able to do anything. First off when he moved did he move out of state with the children without Court approval or did you move out of the state? Is he in a state now that is out of the jurisdiction of the Court that you filed in? Did he just move or did he move 8 months ago?

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • He may "want" 900 in child support it doesn't mean he will get it. The courts use a calculator to determine support and it takes into consideration medical expenses etc but he needs to show proof of cost. Co pays and additional expenses are usually handled based on income percentage ratios but are handled as incurred not in advance. If you already have a court order stating you are entitled to contact with the children and he is denying it then he is in BIG trouble. Leaving the state without court permission could also get him in big trouble unless you live in a state that doesn't require it His behavior is really only going to help you case.

    I hope you are able to get a better lawyer

    Answer by kayslay at 5:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • At the time.... he moved out of the county that the court issues is in.. then I had to move a month later out of state, couldnt get a job there, bills were due,, and jobs w/in walking distance werent hiring. ( he said he really thought I'd move with them) but again the cheating, lies, arguing, and his staying out all night and bringing GF from work to the house for me to cook for just wasnt working for me... along with the texting late nights and the going outside chats. I was always at home with the kids, he went to the grocery store, with in the yr of being there my self esteem went way down, anxiety kicked in wondering what excuse he had this time for going out drinking. The kids were walking on eggshells when he was home. Did I mention he has 2 other kids he hasnt paid child support on in 9yrs. I was simplu trying to get myself and the kids away from the mental abuse, emotional and physical. HE IS VERY CONTROLING.

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • Get a new attorney and court date technically it is not kidnapping. they are his children to and to report kidnapping there has to be custody arrangments

    Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.