How do i tell him?

I want to tell my husband i want to use toys in bed but dont know how to approach him.We're Christians and my husband is a preacher and he also leads services in our church, i feel that he's not gonna do it if i ask but i really want to spice our sex life. How do you guys suggest i approach him without feeling guilty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• just ask him! theres no harm in asking... and i dont think toys are considered a sin as long as youre using them with your husband
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Honesty, God wants you to be happy!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't know what to tell you. DH and I are Christians and he likes it when I use a small vibrator in bed(probably because it is so easy for me to orgasm), I don't see a problem with 2 married adults having a little fun between themselves in the bedroom.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

You just talk to him about it.. It is very important (religious beliefs/culture/etc.. does not matter) that any couple have good sexual communication. All couples, of all walks of life, need to be able to have good, honest, safe sexual communication between them. All couples need to be comfortable enough with their own sexuality/their own needs/their own desires, and each others, in order to discuss and explore their sex lives together. One of the main things that is needed in order to have a happy, healthy, mutually pleasing and pleasurable sex life is good sexual communication.

I always remember this "If I can't talk to my husband about this openly and honestly. How in the world do I think we will ever be able to actually DO those things together"..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would talk to him about your sex life in general. Ask him if there is anything that he wants to try? That's how we did it.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 4:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Let me find a website I found before. There is a company, run by a Christian couple, who sells toys and products to other married couples... give me a few minutes!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• What does your religion and married sex life have to do with one another?

If you want to bring them in, and you trust your husband, and you are open about your feelings, you shouldn't have reservations about bringing this up.

Just be careful not to make him feel that he is inadequate and that the toys are doing the job that he isn't. That would be the only hang up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have scoped out this site before, thepurebed.com. I also saw on Google, something like mybelovedsgarden.com. look around on those, and pull him into the room to show him... that's what I did!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• dont feel guilty just talk to him about it
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd pop it out during sex! Surprise!!! I think sex should be fun or I won't do it. I'm a Christian. I think God wants us to enjoy what he created.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011