Which is worse? adult content

today in my speech class i got ridiculed for showing pics of pre package freeze dried mice, my presentaion was over snake care and cost and i felt that the pics werent that bad. it was just a photo off of petshop site, just a plain pic of what would be sold in pet stores and also had pics of different sized mice to demonstrate the feeding terms pinkie furries adult ect. i did NOT show any thing graphic like a snake actually eating. that would of been pushing it. i felt that 3 other speeches were just as bad if not worst and no one said anything. one person did his on cow branding and showed pics of the branding being done it was nasty, and showed blood. another was about giving blood and she had pics of blood being drawn and the other one was about harvesting organs and she went into great detail on how and when they took organs. it jsut feel it was unjust that i got ridiculed and not them. i about threw up when the one was talking about organs and showed pics of surgeries. i can see how freeze dried mice can be seen as sick but not anymore that the other stuff i had stated. ur opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• Your class is seriously uptight. They would have run screaming from my sociology class yesterday. We were show a movie of other cultures that ate dog, bashed in pig heads, and tortured sharks. I literally had to put my head down but nobody complained.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Who ridiculed you for it, teacher or students? And what was their exact reason for the ridicule?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Freeze dried mice? They do that? Wow, I didn't know that. Sorry, got a little distracted. I don't see the big deal. My DH did a presentation on cow castration. I don't get queasy for easily, so none of that would bother me. Like you, I would think more people would have said something more about the harvesting organs though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• What's the big deal? Seeing a whole frozen turkey or chicken isn't any worse. Apparently they wanted to make a big deal out of something today and you happened to be the target.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thats def strange. I know nature doesnt freeze dry but snakes have to eat! lol I see NOTHING wrong with this at all. PPL can be strange
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Your class is uptight.
    Anonymous

• people are scared of what they do not understand. if they havent had experience with reptiles then chances are seeing frozen pinkies could be a lil unsettling. but everyday there is something on tv about blood and guts, so why shouldnt they be desensitized to that. ive raised pinkies, to feed to my snake. ive warmed them up for my snake. there are a lot grosser things involving pinkies and snakes, then packaged freeze dried pinkies. >^..^< heh
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• both did and they said that my pics of the pre-packaged mice was to graphic, and really it looked like a pack of cat toys cause of how they were packaged. and then the other was the size of mice from pinky to large adult and above each mouse the size was labled. they even had a fit about the pic of my 3 yr old dd holding the snake and the cat was lying next to her. they said that ppl became swimish cause my daughter was holding the snake...i dont know maybe im the one who is wrong and i shouldnt of showed pics of the mice or of my dd playin with the snake
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• omg orionsgirl that would of made me sick. but i agree i think they are uptight, im in a rural community and most of the ppl in my speech class are ag students and fit the typical profile of red necks, and im the "weird" one cause i have several piercings and dye my hair funky colors, blck with pink chunks. they pretty much singled me out the first day of class, i could feel them stare at me and just know they were talkin about me, not that i cared. i was there because i had to be. im a pharmacy student and im so greatful that my pharm techy classmates are more laid back, oh if you could hear some of our class discussions in my pharmacy classes. my phamarcy instructor is 27 yrs old and she will bring up topics that have NOTHING to do with our class work and im sure some of the stuff we discuss would make a porn star blush.. going into my speech class is like going to a foreign country. im so glad this was my last speech
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011