Why do we love socialized education but not socialized health care?

It seems like both things are and important part of the "health" of our nation.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 4:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not a big fan of either one. Socialized education is horrible in our area, which is why we homeschool.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Socialized education is why we will be homeschooling next year.
    Anonymous

• I'd prefer neither, and some areas are less socialized than others. I understand in some states, the state pays for everything - registration, books, supplies - all you provide is the child. I've never lived in one of those, only in states that require you to pay hundreds in registration and book fees plus provide all supplies. I would happily have my school portion of property taxes returned to me and use them towards the education of my choice, since no matter what, I still have to pay for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Im not good on either. If I had the finances my kids would be going to Catholic school.

Answer by gemgem at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would happily have my school portion of property taxes returned to me and use them towards the education of my choice, since no matter what, I still have to pay for it.

Me too. I'm rather resentful that the schools supported by my tax dollars are so shitty that i have to pay out of pocket to use a school of my choice.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Socialized education is such a train wreck that it is beyond me why anyone would think socialized medicine would be any better/different.
    Anonymous

• I am not a fan of either one. We are seriously considering homeschooling our boys this next year. I am selling the largest of my businesses and will have much more free time. We'll see though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am not a fan of socialized education or HC. That is why my son has been in private school since elementary school.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think the public education system sucks also but I am very lucky that my daughter goes to a school not in our district, its a brand new school, opened in Fall of 2009 and so far I love it.

The district we live in wouldn't even accept my daughter into preschool even tho she had a developmental delay and notes from her doctors and First Steps (early intervention program) saying she needed to go!!
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 4:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Who says WE love socialized education?!?? :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011