Why are women blamed for everything but men have excuses?

Just about everything a woman does is wrong yet anything a man does is because he's just a man. Where's their responsibility for creating problems?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• That's not something i've experienced.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree and its this wacky world we live in that STILL put men on a pedestol. Its rediculous and we need to stop allowing it. I look at it the opposite way....Men are just to stupid to own up and NEED an excuse. We dont! And women are actually the ones that are more "understanding" of men and their excuses. Its discusting
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my husband doesn't get to play the "i'm a man" card around here.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I still love how in the 21st Century women still dont get equal pay
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Because men are basically 3-year olds.
    Anonymous

• What Ahole voted me down?? Maybe a man hacked into cafemom? LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm not saying every man. But if men cheat it's the woman's fault for not "giving it up" if the man rapes a woman it's because she was being too seductive, if a man works hard and late it's because he's trying to provide for his family. If a mom works late when she's got kids at home, she's being selfish and is not raising her children. See what I mean?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

This is exactly what OP is saying. You're giving men the "incompetent" excuse, anon. Men aren't stupid, they're just on different thought patterns and what might be super important to us women, is insignificant to them.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You are very right! I just read on another post that "maybe Bill cheated on Hillary because of the way she is". So SHE'S the reason he cheated? They were blaming her for her husband's philandering! BAH!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• OP: there is a double standard sometimes with men and women working late, or in general. everything else you said isn't true though, how is it the woman's fault if she is raped or cheated on?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011