Wont stop touching herself

my dd is 2 and she takes off her pants and pasnties and is constantly touching her private. what do i do it drives me nuts... shes a thumb sucker to. im tierd of washing her hands and putting her clothes on 20 times a day ahhh lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take time to teach her about her body. she is just curious. take a shower or bath with her and as you wash up explain what your parts are. help her be comfortable with her body image and sexuality. if she is comfotable she will have a smart and healthy sex life when she is much older. dont tell her is bad or anything. she will get over it after awhile. my sister used to masturbate everywhere we went. made for awkward jokes lol
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Tell her to do it in her room in private if she's going to touch herself like that. Don't make her feel ashamed of it. As for thumb sucking...i don't know. Some people put pepper on it and that's supposed to get them to stop.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think the OP is more concerned about her DD putting her thumb in her mouth after "exploring". I really never had this issue with my kids. But, I would put her in some clothes she can't get out of. Like cute little overalls, a onsie t-shirt that snaps at the shoulders, just a thought.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• She has found a pleasure point, totally normal, but I think the notion of to do in private will be hard for a 2 year old to really grasp, just keep harping on it and eventually she will get the picture.

Answer by older at 4:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• well i think any dr will tell you that it is normal and childer like to explore and are curious about their bodys. But if you are more worried than you should bring her to her ped.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's normal. after all i think that why god made our arms this long......Just teasing. Our daughter was about the same age when she was doing the same thing. It's a phase just like all phases they come and they go.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Its a phase and is normal.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011