how to potty tran my 2 year old

okay i have a two years little boy im trying to get him to use the potty but he just will not do it i have a little girl who started to use the potty when she was two but its different with my son what should i try

ashley2004842

Asked by ashley2004842 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is not ready then nothing is going to work. You can try rewards and stuff but again if he is not ready it is not going to happen.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• ive found boys are always tougher than girls. girls aspire to be big girls much sooner than boys want to be big boys. keep trying- before you kno it you will have to keep him from peeing in his toy box!! you can try rewards..also change his diaper as routinely as possible (after naps, after meals, etc) and place him on the potty each time before u do. it's worth a shot! good luck
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• when he wakes from his nap and he is completely dry then he is ready, if he is wet he is not.
    ncmamaof4a

Answer by ncmamaof4a at 8:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Sorry you are having such a hard time, but the other moms are right. If he is not ready, then it will not matter what you do, it wont work. I would keep trying, but not pushing because while you want to encourage it, you do not want it to turn into a negative thing in his mind. Good luck. My oldest son did not potty train until 3 and a half, he did not want to if little brother did not have to, so eventually I had to take all of his clothes away and he was potty trained within 2 weeks.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2008