If i mailed something locally monday around 1pm

do u think it will there today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Today or tomorrow.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• NO THEY WILL NOT GET IT UNTIL TOMORROW
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If I mail locally they will get it the very next day. I live in nj and if i mail to pa they will get it the next day
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have never had decent or timely service from the USPS. Took me 5 months once to get something that was sent from less than 500 miles away. I stopped using USPS a few years ago. If I can't send it UPS or FedEx, I don't send it. Yes, it ain't free, but it's reliable.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Next day. Not possible same day. They have to gather all the mail at the post office & from the carriers & process it. The carriers get the mail they are taking to deliver that day in the morning. So any way, yeah, next day.
    Anonymous

• Generally, in my experience, same state is next day, assuming it gets to the post office before that day's final pick-up. If it's time-sensitive, though, I would give it at least 3-4 days, just to be sure. So it should be there today, but there are never any guarantees with the USPS.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If you live in Chicago it might get there in two weeks.

Seriously. I just received my December bill sent from the BCBS location in downtown Chicago. I live 3 miles away.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• next day
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Okay, from an actual USPS employee (me): it's going to depend where your processing plant is, and also how local - if it's someone in the same zip code, it can sometimes be the same day - I know if I bring something to be mailed in town, the postmaster cancels it and puts it right in the recipients box (we don't have in-town delivery). Most of the time an in-town deliver will be 1-2 days later though, but if something weird happens it could take longer (we had something local get sent to the west coast one time...and I personally got a letter in my mailbox that was supposed to never be in the US). So chances are, something mailed Monday will be recieved by Wednesday, but there's the small chance it will take longer.
    Anonymous

• I once mailed my light bill local (same city..small town). And they got it a MONTH later! When I got a late notice for my lights I was like...No way! I mailed it days before it was due...and it was in town! THey of course didnt believe me when I told them I mailed it. So I re-paid my bill. Well, when it finally arrived they mailed my check back & the envelope I sent it in...you could clearly see the post mark from a month prior. Why did it take so long? It's a mystery that will never be solved!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2011