Any other places having problems with teachers cheating on state tests i am glad this is not our school

http://heraldbulletin.com/local/x814631521/Teachers-accused-of-test-fraud-ISTEP-invalidated

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• But how do you know it doesn't happen? I am sure the parents didn't think it this would happen in their school either. I like to think it is not happening in my schools, but how can you be sure?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was told investigators were coming to our school to check on the way the tests were being administered.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have seen how the schools in my area administer these tests, so I am confident that there is not cheating going on. NO ONE Is allowed out of the classroom while testing is going on. Teachers and students have to have escorts to leave the room. The counselors, principals or assistant principals collect tests and seal them in an envelope. There are parent volunteers who walk into the classrooms at anytime to make sure nothing is going on, same with the principal, etc. The teachers don't even see the tests until they are administered at the time of the test. My school district take these tests seriously but don't cheat. I am sure some teachers would like to but, is it really worth it? Especially not knowing what is on the test beforehand?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I can't believe this happened in Indiana. :( that makes me sad. We had the same problem in Atlanta. Now the APS might lose their accreditation.
    RainbowMom132

Answer by RainbowMom132 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011